Living a Paleo lifestyle isn't just about what you eat. For me its a lifestyle. Food, fitness, mindfulness & wellbeing, four important pillars I try to live my life by. Therefore it makes sense to take every opportunity to improve your surroundings, change with the seasons and refresh your state of mind.
January has the ‘new year, new me’ slogan which is the obvious time to initiate change. But September has the new back-to-school feeling. Remember how great it felt shopping for your new pencil case and matching pen set ready for the new school term? (Yes, I was easily pleased as a child!) September is the beginning of Autumn, a magical time when the leaves on the trees begin to change colour, filling the vistas with gold & orange set against bright blue skies. There is an abundance of new seasonal produce to enjoy, exciting new tv & Netflix shows to watch curled up on the sofa with log fires crackling away. As well as plenty of other things to look forward to such as Pumpkin Spice (Almond Milk) Lattes, Bonfire Night and the build up to the Christmas festivities.
From daily routines to home updates, these ideas will provide a fresh dose of inspiration to help you embrace the September refresh.
1. Re-visit your fitness routine - Whether that's trying a new class at your gym, increasing your step goals or setting new goals with your personal trainer. It's easy to fall into the same routine, so shake things up and try something different.
2. Make use of the new seasonal produce and whip up something delightful using ingredients such as blackberries, rhubarb, squash & courgettes. Dig out your slow cooker and fill your home with the delicious flavours that the season has to offer. There are so many ideas on Pinterest, you're just a click away from new mouthwatering Paleo dishes.
3. New season, new wardrobe, new fabrics & a new look - Pack away your linens and white cottons, because it's time for the buttery soft cashmere to take centre stage and not to mention the 'you cant stop touching it' crushed velvet. Don't know where to start? Book in for a personal shopping appointment (usually free) and have an expert curate a capsule wardrobe for you, perfect for these transitional months. I love to do this. Personal shoppers always bring out pieces you would never normally look twice at, you begrudgingly put them on, fall in love and then practically live in them for the next three months.
4. Refresh your home with early Autumn decor. I love the StoneGable blog for lots of inspiration, not to mention the style of writing and photography which transports you into the good life. Drape a large soft blanket over the back of your sofa or across your armchair, ready for the chilly nights. Swap summer cushions for those that work better for Autumn, think heavier fabrics such as velvet, in plum, teal or golden orange tones. Decorate your mantel if you have one with Autumn coloured foliage & candles. Dress your living room with various sized white pumpkins and create more light as well as infusing your space with fragrance by burning scented candles. I love Autumn from The White Company.
5. Prepare your skin, hair & body - Swap your summer moisturiser for a creamier version. I love Creme De La Mer for healthy looking plump skin. Do not skimp on SPF...ever. Apply a nourishing hair mask to your hair at least once a week to help soften any sun bleached straw hair you may have going on. I can't get enough of Kérastase intensive masques and Bumble & Bumble Pre Shampoo Balm-to-oil masque. Dry body brush & moisturise every day. Once a week I like to apply a light golden faux tan from St Tropez because I miss my summer glow.
Picture Credits: As displayed / Stonegableblog.com / Stylemepretty.com / Sheerluxe.com / Pinterest / Etsy